- Starting in the early nineteenth century, a new natural religion gradually evolved. It gathered momentum in the mid-twentieth century.
- Many authors and philosophers helped to develop the magical modern religion and to articulate parts of its belief structure.
- The religion finds its roots in ancient ways. It has psychic connections and sympathy with those who were burnt in the medieval period, and indeed with all individuals who have been oppressed and killed in the name of religion.
- The recent festival movement has enhanced the growth and diversity of the religion.
There is no official text; for the Craft is a religion of life and of nature, not of “the book”. See our Bibliography for a partial listing of books that we have found useful.
EXPLICIT RELIGIOUS DOCTRINES
- The Deity is immanent and transcendent.
- Every living entity has a spirit which is connected to and part of every other spirit. Humans are part of Nature.
- Divinity manifests itself through all living beings. Nature itself is divine, as is the Cosmos.
- God and goddess images are recognized as aspects of a greater divinity.
RITUAL AND WORSHIP
- Observances may be group or solitary. Regular worship services are scheduled in harmony with the moon’s phases by groups (covens or congregations) of members.
- Each worship site is constructed anew on each occasion of meeting. It is defined by new consecrated circles, and may be located anywhere.
- Only initiated coven members are allowed to enter the innermost circle.
The ethical set is summarized in the Wiccan Rede:
Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill: If it harm none, do what you will.
Guidance is given by many earth-plane teachers and by spiritual (discarnate) guides.
As above, so below. We believe spirituality to be our utmost goal. There are many who wish to change the here and now through magical workings, such changes are mundane and using your much greater abilities to affect instead of accepting today’s spiritual lessons. We believe that such acceptance is detrimental to spiritual growth. We can learn much better how to accept our spiritual path and today’s obstacles through meditation and working with our Guides to understand this path. We view spiritual growth as far better than mundane growth. Spiritual growth comes through knowledge and understanding–learn all you can, through books, Guides, courses, healing, etc.